1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

using other peoples articles on my site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by allwayslearning, Sep 19, 2008.

Up to this point every article on my site was written by me. Is there any benefit to putting articles by other people on my site. Do I need to provide them a link to authors sites if I use there articles. If so does that decrease the value of the page as far as ranking, link, building and traffic goes.

allwayslearning, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  2. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google can punish you for using duplicate content, yes. The general policy is that you have to provide a link to the author's site if they are allowing you to use a specific piece of content. People stealing other's content is a huge problem. Read this article about dealing with people who steal content:

http://www.johncow.com/how-to-deal-with-people-who-are-stealing-your-content/

Benahue, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  3. michael6342

michael6342 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi alwayslearning,
    You can use someone's article as long as you provide a link back to where you got it and include any resource boxes/links that are part of the article. If you get your article from EzineArticles, GoArticles, etc. they'll provide a "publisher" button that allows you to copy and paste everything, including links and a link back, so you don't have to worry about leaving something out. If you're talking about taking the article off of "any old site" you should contact the webmaster first, as they may not want their content published on other sites.

michael6342, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  4. chinese-seo

chinese-seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can we change the article from ezinearticles to aviod duplicated content issue? Will it violate the original article copyright?

chinese-seo, Sep 20, 2008 IP