1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networking for Traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by elite4life, Oct 24, 2008.

What do you guys think about using Social Networks to get more traffic to a site/blog/forum? I'm talking about sites like YouTube, Myspace, Facebook, RSS feeds, Twitter, etc. How would I use them to get more traffic? What other Social Networking sites could i use?

Thanks!

elite4life, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  2. merkal2005

merkal2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    As a pro-blogger since very long time I have been using social networking sites like Facebook. However I noticed that I spent most of my time ignoring application requests, or reading many notifications not directly related to blogging. This was waste of my time as a pro-blogger.

Also current social network sites serve as a good networking service for bloggers, but not as a good marketplace connecting bloggers and Internet marketers/sponsors. Bloggers usually spend their time posting from one forum to another just to find a banner sponsor.

As very wisely stated by social media expert Jason Falls, we don’t need more social networks, we need more purposed social networks.

Then we built the Bloghology Social Network. It is a purposed network for bloggers and marketers. It connects bloggers to bloggers as well as Internet marketers/entrepreneurs to bloggers.

You may try our specific social network. Also we currently have limited time offer. We display your banner ads only for $25 a month.

merkal2005, Oct 24, 2008 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  3. gadiez

gadiez Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need social networking to get traffic. I usually use facebook :)

gadiez, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  4. theworldwinner

theworldwinner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    me Orkut sometimes

theworldwinner, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  5. gringo

gringo Peon

Best Answers:
    I get intense traffic from social networking. twitter is proving to be a righ hit with some projects. Best way is full them up with handy free and great unique content, build your authority and watch them come a running

gringo, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  6. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use blogengage for my blogs but again I am bias seeing I'm the owner!

Works great for me and meet some cool bloggers from the place such as merkal2005 from the above post!

I also use Stumble upon and digg

bbrian017, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  7. steveeyes

steveeyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By far my personal experience has been that facebook is the best network for traffic. Quick outline

1. Create an account
    2. Create Pages - some webmasters will create a page for each major feature of their site. Pages are unlimited
    3. Create and Join groups
    4. Install Facebook share button to your browser (I use firefox)
    5. Write notes (you can actually import your blog to notes, but I don't use it to import my blog)
    6. Add images and put links in description /caption
    7. Get friends (actually this should be at the top of the list)
    8. You can also advertise directly
    9. Etc.

Facebook is much more business friendly than myspace.

Good luck

steveeyes, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  8. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    To get traffic from such sites you need to be active and use the features that can help you to create buzz.

bobchrist, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  9. msjudged_1

msjudged_1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a good way for some traffic to your site. can be time consuming though. i use this service ping.fm, which allows you to link all of your accounts to your blog, and ping your posts to your social sites created at once.

msjudged_1, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  10. mybaseballcardspace

mybaseballcardspace Peon

Best Answers:
    I use a variety of different ones and from what I see, everyone has their favorites and there is no clear cut best social bookmarking/networking service to use. Surprisingly, it is not necessarily always the biggest ones that can provide the most benefit from what I have found. If you write articles on your site, you can submit the content to social bookmarking places and that is how I have seen the best traffic to my sites.

mybaseballcardspace, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  11. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well a lot depends on the niche traffic that you want to target. In my case I love the low traffic that comes in from Delicious and Sphinn :)

Red_Virus, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  12. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace is still gold if you use it right.... myspacefriendjunkie (.) com helps me push my new ebay articles to over 3,000 readers... It's sounds silly with the method but it works... It's an old method... Even the old stuff still works...

I try the same method with facebook, and others but the effect on myspace out weighs the other social net sites.

staffsergeantpeterson, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  13. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't even pay attention to social networks as I do not get any traffic from them even after large campaigns on them.

primeelite, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  14. DuValEnterprises

DuValEnterprises Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out our tool for getting unlimited FREE traffic from Facebook here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=971825

You have to utilize the viral channels of these sites to have any effect, and this is the perfect tool for getting HUGE traffic from Facebook.

DuValEnterprises, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  15. elite4life

elite4life Guest

Best Answers:
    thats a bit pricey, i was thinking of using free social networking techniques....

elite4life, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  16. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook can be a good tool since it is a much more classy site you don't see many people with half naked chics to get frinds it seems to be a good match for getting a blog seen and read.

as far as the other networks I have had a little trouble submitting my articles they got reported as spam after just 3 or 4 articles so be careful to space them out and not do to much self promotion

ErikJ, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  17. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    Social traffic is one of the newest methods of online advertising. If done correctly you can get plenty of targeted visitors to your blog. However you will need to convert all that traffic. Yes sure you can get hunbdred of visitors from Digg.com but the most of the visitors will have a quick look on your article or pictures and leave.

Use SocialMarker.com/ for social bookmarking. Yes Facebook.com, Myspace.com e.t.c is also essential for success.

adigital, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  18. OSi

OSi Member

Best Answers:
    I get good results from netlog. I wrote some blog messages and just added friends.

OSi, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  19. kas10900

kas10900 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Networks are an excellent source of traffic if used properly. Be sure you are always providing quality content and helping as many people as possible. If you treat others as you would like to be treated then the traffic and money will come flowing in.

kas10900, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  20. WysterianProductions

WysterianProductions Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace and YouTube work particularly well. If you know how to make fancy videos with upbeat music and special effects, go for the latter.

WysterianProductions, Nov 2, 2008 IP