1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Social Bookmarking Really helpful?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by punk007, Oct 31, 2008.

Hi guys

Just eager to know how far the social bookmarking of sites are helpfull in getting free traffic.

If so, Can any one give me the list of social bookmarking sites?

Thanks.

punk007, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  2. JewelryReseller

JewelryReseller Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes and no, most of them have caught on now and are no follow. you will have to do your research to figure out which ones will be good. That said if you are promoting "turnkey" systems there will be no traffic for it period except from other "turnkey" "entrepreneurs"

JewelryReseller, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  3. HKS28

HKS28 Guest

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking sites can provide you a shit load of traffic.

If you hit the digg front page then you are in business.

HKS28, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  4. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you consider Yahoo Answers to be social bookmarking, then I've had a lot of luck with it. I haven't promoted one of my sites at all in a few weeks, and I'm still getting traffic just from one Yahoo question that I answered a long time ago.

avonlee1983, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  5. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social networking sites such as Digg,Sphinn,Socialogs,Dropjack,reddit and a few other that allow you to post news snippets of you blog or website are great for driving traffic. Just make sure you have a compelling title and you will receive plenty of traffic, especially if you make the front page.

Trioman, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  6. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    buffalo, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  7. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using Facebook, Myspace, Bebo, My Year Book , Stumble Upon, Digg and various other sites and i have recieved a decent amount of traffic from these sites over time.

~ Mike

ms2134, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  8. bestserviceforyou

bestserviceforyou Peon

Best Answers:
    They work well for certain things, not so well on others. This site isnt mine but it is great to add to your site; addthis.com

bestserviceforyou, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  9. johnson9

johnson9 Guest

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking services provide you with bookmarks; save these bookmarks to electronic resources using a web browser for better social bookmarking. You find that if you classify, index or categorize your bookmarks, using user-defined tags, you are sure to do better in social bookmarking.
    Joining a social networking site, and sharing your bookmarks publicly or with other members interested in the same product will bring better results to your social bookmarking. It is important to do some research when using social bookmarking by looking for other users having similar interests and resources tagged to your resources.

johnson9, Oct 31, 2008 IP
  10. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    yup if you use it properly you will get decent amount of traffic.. i'm rather focusing on small bookmarking sites as its hard to hit front page of huge sites like digg but easier to hit on small sites and traffic is better in small sites.

010081, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  11. zencash

zencash Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Yahoo answers can be very successful. depending on your niche

zencash, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  12. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, it is very helpful.

BUT, be conscious of how much you are using them. If you can't afford to be an active, respected member, then don't waste your time. And don't spread yourself too thin.

usasportstraining, Nov 1, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  13. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you can gett allot just like ant other method but only if you submit quality links and articles and do not spam. The site is filled with not only online marketers but people and your target market so if you submit some of your own stuff not spammy and others that is funny helpful or interesting it can get you allot of traffic

its worth the investigation throwing a crap article on there will get no traffic but a good one or story can get many

ErikJ, Nov 1, 2008 IP