1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website for Service Business

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Nato76, Oct 19, 2008.

What Content Management software do you suggest for a service business website? I would really like to use Wordpress since I am already familiar with it but don't know how well that would work.

Nato76, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  2. magicinthedesert

magicinthedesert Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress would work great. Here are a few examples of service business websites I've done using WordPress:

Desert Sands Acupuncture

Cornelia Smyth
    My Web Design Business

There is some manipulation of WordPress queries to get those features. And CSS to create look and feel. If you aren't familiar with those things, it will be a challenge. But it's not going to be any easier for any other CMS you choose, because no matter what solution you implement, you're going to have to customize it to acheive the results you want.

With that said, WordPress is by far the easiest solution with the shortest learning curve in my opinion. And it's a bonus that you're already familiar with it.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

~Ralph

magicinthedesert, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  3. Nato76

Nato76 Peon

Best Answers:

Ralph were those free themes that you used? Those sites look great and it's exactly what I am looking for my clients.

Nato76, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. magicinthedesert

magicinthedesert Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. The first two are custom modifications of the WordPress default theme. My web design site uses the Revoltuion theme, which was a premium theme and is now open source.

magicinthedesert, Nov 13, 2008 IP