1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg.com and its dumb spam policy

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by kartik786, Nov 13, 2008.

Someone couple of years back had made multiple posts on digg.com for our site.

I dont know if they were with bad intentions or were legit but from that day on, digg gives this error message :

Now, its been ages and I dont really know where to mail to get rid of that error message.

There is no answer to this in FAQ, nor a mail id where you can ask about this issue.

Has anyone faced similar problems in the past ?

kartik786, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  2. xxMirceaxx

xxMirceaxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same boat...purchased a service from dp ~ a year ago and I have got my url banned. I tried mailing them a few times with diff stories - told them I realized it was a mistake, told them I discovered it was a competitor, told them I had to sell a kidney to pay for rent...tried all. no response whatsoever:)

xxMirceaxx, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  3. Azher Memon

Azher Memon Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they will never explain you better you forget and stop bothering and try many other social Bookmarking sites.

Azher Memon, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  4. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes yes there are many other social bookmarking sites.. but what about the dumb policy of digg.. anyone who has come out of it?

kartik786, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  5. adigaskell

adigaskell Peon

Best Answers:
    The site suffers a lot from spam so I suspect that once in the dog house you're stuck there.

adigaskell, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  6. SirKhan

SirKhan Member

Best Answers:
    Did you experience this with the same url only? I mean I submit tons of posts to digg every day but all with permalinks at the end not just the domain, and I never experienced ban or anything.

SirKhan, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  7. n3o

n3o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can do either of the 2 options ... forget digg and use other social network site or buy another domain and submit

n3o, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  8. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    in my opinion why not send an email to the support team, may be you can just get lucky !

Red_Virus, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  9. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    this is what i get
    Your account was reported to us as being in violation of our Terms of Service (http://digg.com/tos) for spam. Because we must be vigilant in protecting against activities that compromise the Digg community, this decision is final and irreversible

--Digg Support

btw i only submit article once a week ....

SonnyCooL, Nov 14, 2008 IP