1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best video site CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Pixelrage, Nov 11, 2008.

I'm looking for a Youtube clone CMS - so far, I've looked into Clipbucket (I've read too many complaints about people being hacked - also it doesn't have SE friendly links), Mediashare (looks ok, but can't find reviews about it), Clipshare (sick and tired of their shitty support and the fact that templates are overwritten every time there's a new udpate), DZOIC Cliphouse (the nicest looking one I've seen by far, but it has no SE friendly links, so forget it)...

Really, it's so ridiculous & discouraging to know how hard it is to just find ONE software package that can do something as simple as making a video site. These are things I absolutely must have in a video CMS:

1) short, search engine friendly links
    2) Ability to turn off sharing/uploading and make it be strictly a video viewing site
    3) Support who actually cares about their customers (can't seem to find that)
    4) The ability to modify the site template easily - no SMARTY crap, just PHP
    5) vBulletin integration (this is an absolute MUST, make-or-break type of thing)

If anyone can recommend something, I'll be sure to pass on some positive rep. Thanks! Also, please don't recommend something like Drupal & some plugin, I don't have time to go that route.

Pixelrage, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  2. rene7705

rene7705 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've developed a CMS that is currently nearly capable of doing all that you want.
    Points 1,2 & 4 are covered in the latest sources (even descriptions of all videos/images on the site are indexed by searchengines).
    vBulletin intergration will be possible but takes some doing, and i'm definately interested in the hapiness of my customers).

Customization of the layout can be done by anyone with CSS and photoshop know-how.

I suspect the layout features are something that you either love or hate, so i'll just post 2 links here;

demo of latest features; http://mediabeez.veerman.ws/mb/
    demo of admin features; http://testmediabeez.veerman.ws/

If you don't like the photo-background idea, it's always possible to use a repeating or plaincolor background.
    Also check out how it scales everything if you resize the browser-window..

There are currently still problems with the browser-based mass-uploader (not written by me), but these should be resolved within 3 months.
    Until then, if you know how to use an ftp program you can still upload your own content.

PM me for more info.

rene7705, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  3. websushil

websushil Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of your best bets would be Drupal. Integrating all kinds of videos from sources is a snap using the so-called CCK to create a "Video" content type. There's even a module that embeds a player which lets users upload their videos in MP4, AVI, or WMP and converts/plays them.

As far as approval workflow goes, that's part of Drupal in any case. Your "latest video" module is very easily done using the "Views" module, as well.

Check out http://www.drupal.org for more.

websushil, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  4. ahayiroglu

ahayiroglu Peon

Best Answers:
    thnx websushil I wasnt aware of how good drupal is. I implemented a bot for wordpress for populating content :(

ahayiroglu, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  5. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can use Drupal to build a video site. However you can also look at VideoSiteBuilder

aap, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  6. macadu

macadu Member

Best Answers:
    One vote here for Dzoic Cliphouse.

It may not have SE friendly URLs, but does YouTube have SE friendly URLs?

YouTube does not even have meta tags... The key is page title and keyword density. :)

macadu, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  7. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    good point. I guess I've just prefered SEO friendly URLs for such a long time. How about the security, though? Or forum integration?

Pixelrage, Nov 18, 2008 IP