1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to ecommerce, need help

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by BrotherAlameen, Jun 24, 2024.

Greetings! I'm new to e-commerce and I have a website where I have products from a shop that I'm selling online and shipping worldwide. My shop mainly deals with Vintage Fashion Products, Art Products and Jewelry Products. Nonetheless, I've had this business for a while now, about two years, but no sales through the site. What's the best way to market my website so people can visit and buy products from it?

BrotherAlameen, Jun 24, 2024 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Get onto social media - particularly instagram and promote the items you have in stock but in a fun way so that people don't feel they are being sold to.

Look at the way you photograph and describe your items on your site too.

sarahk, Jun 24, 2024 IP
  3. BrotherAlameen

BrotherAlameen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay. I've tried Instagram but didn't have any luck. Thing is that I have a website and all the products are listed there. What I need is more people to click and buy from the site.

BrotherAlameen, Jun 24, 2024 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    But you have to drive traffic. Advertising obviously, but back it up with the free methods. Pop over to the reviews section and get a review of your site and your insta account. There may be some easy tweaks.

sarahk, Jun 24, 2024 IP
  5. BrotherAlameen

BrotherAlameen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh okay. Thanks.

BrotherAlameen, Jun 26, 2024 IP
  6. zaidzahid

zaidzahid Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should optimize your site with SEO or share it on facebook or other social media to promote your site and give catchy offers to customer (viewer of ad).

zaidzahid, Jul 24, 2024 IP
  7. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure your website is search engine optimized. In order to increase your site's exposure in search results, use relevant keywords, provide material of the highest caliber, and establish backlinks.

MargoFarrel, Jul 25, 2024 IP
  8. GreenHost.Cloud

GreenHost.Cloud Member

Best Answers:
    To effectively market your e-commerce website, focus on optimizing your site for SEO to attract organic traffic. Utilize social media platforms and influencers to showcase your vintage fashion, art, and jewelry products visually. Additionally, consider running targeted online ads and offering promotions or discounts to entice potential customers.

GreenHost.Cloud, Jul 30, 2024 IP
  9. lvy

lvy Peon

Best Answers:
    Continuously optimize SEO to allow more people to see your store

lvy, Aug 1, 2024 IP
  10. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use SEO service you trust.

komrad, Aug 6, 2024 IP
  11. poko21

poko21 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO (Search Engine Optimization):

Keywords: Use relevant keywords on your site so that it appears higher in search queries. For example, "vintage fashion", "retro jewelry", "vintage art".
    Content Optimization: Regularly update the blog with useful content about vintage fashion, art and jewelry to attract more traffic through search engines.
    I can advise you to contact the company www.needmylink.com, from personal experience I will say that the company does an excellent job of promoting in Google search

Social networks:

Instagram and Pinterest: These platforms are especially popular for vintage fashion and art. Create engaging visual posts, use hashtags, and engage with followers.
    Facebook and TikTok: Promote your products through targeted ads, join themed groups and create unboxing videos or stories about your products.
    Collaborations and influencers:

Influencers: Find influencers in your niche who can promote your products on their platforms.
    Collaborations: Collaborate with other brands or artists to create exclusive collections or hold joint events.
    Email (Email marketing):

Collecting subscribers: Collect email addresses of site visitors and customers to build a list of subscribers.
    Newsletters: Send regular newsletters about new products, promotions, discounts and news about your store.
    Paid advertising:

Google Ads: Use targeted advertising on Google to appear on the first page of searches for relevant keywords.
    Social Media: Use paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to reach a larger audience.
    Marketplaces and third-party platforms:

Etsy: List your items on popular marketplaces like Etsy, where vintage items are often sought after.
    eBay: Sell your items on eBay to reach a wider audience.
    Analysis and optimization:

Google Analytics: Use analytics to track visitor behavior on your site and improve your strategy.
    A/B testing: Perform A/B testing to optimize content, ad campaigns, and site design.

poko21, Aug 6, 2024 IP
  12. Alish Fridmann

Alish Fridmann Peon

Best Answers:
    To boost sales and traffic to your e-commerce site, focus on optimizing your website, engaging in content marketing, leveraging paid advertising, and collaborating with influencers. MGID can be a useful part of your strategy, especially for driving targeted traffic through native ads. By combining these approaches and continuously analyzing your results, you'll improve your chances of attracting more visitors and making sales.

Alish Fridmann, Aug 13, 2024 IP
  13. Fomin Alex

Fomin Alex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Native ads are great for e-commerce because they look like part of the website, so people don’t find them annoying. This platform is good choice and can bring targeted traffic to the store, which helps increase sales.

Fomin Alex, Aug 14, 2024 IP
  14. InultiAFF

InultiAFF Peon

Best Answers:
    i don’t know your budget, but here are some low-cost/free ideas:
    • etsy forums – engage in discussions and drop your link when relevant.
    • facebook groups – join vintage fashion/jewelry groups; share tips and link your store.
    • pinterest trends – use it to find trending keywords and tailor your pins.
    • tiktok lives – show behind-the-scenes content to engage viewers.
    • small bloggers – connect with them for backlinks in exchange for features.

InultiAFF, Oct 15, 2024 at 7:03 AM IP
  15. HeleneP

HeleneP Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there Brother Alameen!

It sounds like you’ve built an amazing shop, and I’m excited to help you get more eyes (and buyers!) on your products. You've already been told to improve your SEO, so let me share some additional ideas to help you drive the right kind of traffic and boost your sales.

Here are six ideas that should help:

1. Get Active on Social Media
    I think platforms like Instagram and Pinterest could be game changers for you. Both are super visual, which is perfect for showing off your vintage fashion, art, and jewelry. Post beautiful, styled photos of your products, and don’t forget to use relevant hashtags to reach more people. Instagram Stories and Reels are also great for showing behind-the-scenes peeks or sharing how people can use your products.

Another idea is to collaborate with micro-influencers in the vintage or art niche. They don’t need to have huge followings, just engaged ones who might love what you offer!

2. Join Online Communities
    Get involved in forums and groups where people already share your passion for vintage fashion, jewelry, and art. Reddit has some awesome communities (like r/VintageFashion) where you can join in on conversations and, when the time is right, mention your shop. Just be helpful first, and the sales will follow.

3. Start Email Marketing
    Do you have a mailing list? If not, no worries—now’s the perfect time to start one! Offer people something in exchange for their email—maybe a small discount or a cool guide on styling vintage clothing. Then, you can send them updates, new product drops, or even fashion inspiration. Personalized emails can do wonders to keep your shop in their minds.

4. Try Paid Ads
    If you haven’t done this yet, Facebook and Instagram ads can really help you reach people who love what you’re selling. You can target people based on their interests (vintage fashion lovers, art collectors, etc.) and even specific locations. Google Shopping Ads are another great option to get your products in front of potential buyers when they’re already searching for items like yours.

5. Create Great Content
    Think about starting a blog or YouTube channel! You could share posts about vintage fashion trends, how to care for vintage jewelry, or even give some behind-the-scenes looks at your creative process. Not only will this draw people to your site, but it’ll also show them the personality behind the products, which helps build trust.

Create a flipbook (Lookbooks) with images and content about your products. You can share it on social media or send it to your email list.

6. Run Special Promotions
    Everyone loves a good deal, right? Running a flash sale or offering a limited-time discount could help create a sense of urgency. You could even try offering free shipping for a limited time, especially since you ship worldwide. A referral program could also work wonders—offer existing customers a discount if they refer someone new who makes a purchase.

I know it can feel overwhelming sometimes, but start with a couple of these ideas and see how they work for you.
    With some consistency and the right audience, your shop will start seeing the love it deserves!

All the best,
    Helene

HeleneP, Oct 15, 2024 at 9:28 AM IP