1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

“must dos”, “don’ts” in social media marketing

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by infomesh, Nov 26, 2010.

Hi all,

here is some must dos and don'ts techniques used in social media marketing.

must dos :

You must listen first, respect existing online communities, enter conversations politely, start conversations, respond to others, be generous, share and provide value.

Big donts :

Never lie. Never spam. Never just broadcast a message out to your connections and call it good. Never be too promotional.

thanks.

infomesh, Nov 26, 2010 IP
  2. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips. Think of it as your talking to people on the street or wherever you meet them, and that you should be social, like attending a party. Nobody likes a person who are just talking about his business or him (and his family). It should be more of a dialogue (if possible).

slymarketing, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  3. nexy

nexy Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips and common basics which are need to follow..thanx anyways..

nexy, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  4. affect

affect Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd argue about "NEVER lie" when it comes to social media. Sometimes you just can't lay everything on the line. Although I'm trying to be as honest as possible mostly.

affect, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  5. SimonNeurogames

SimonNeurogames Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with affect, communicate the personality of your brand with your posts, not yourself. For example I quite like rude jokes, have strong political and religious opinions and am quite sarcastic and cynical in person, but this completely wrong for my brand and is not how my twitter account comes across at all or what I tweet like.

SimonNeurogames, Nov 27, 2010 IP