1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

☁️Which host to diversify the IP of my affiliate sites?☁️

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Selena-Quintanilla, Jul 8, 2023.

Hello SEO and Biz community,
    I'm gearing up to launch four affiliate sites, each focusing on a very specific niche. For each site, I plan to target a unique keyword from this niche along with its derivatives like reviews, promo codes, and local aspects.
    To give you an idea (though these examples have nothing to do with my actual niche) :
    - Star Wars T-shirt
    - Dragon Ball Z T-shirt
    I intend to automate and protocolize the processes so I can easily scale. However, given that the content across the sites will be very similar except for the main targeted keyword, I'm looking to differentiate them as much as possible.
    One of the first things I'm considering for SEO is whether it's necessary to have different IPs for each site. In your experience, is this really necessary for a network of four sites, keeping in mind that it's not a private blog network (PBN)?
    I'm eagerly looking forward to your suggestions and thank you in advance for your help. Thank 3000!
    Best regards,

Selena-Quintanilla, Jul 8, 2023 IP
  2. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think you would need different IP addresses for SEO purposes? Your IP address will be dependent on the webhost that you sign up with. If you sign up all 4 sites with the same web hosts, and they all have different domain names, IP address wouldn't matter. SEO of the sites would be strictly dependent on how you market it.

Randall Magwood, Jul 8, 2023 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It used to be "a thing" that the bots would use the IP address to link sites together. I'm not sure if that still matters.

sarahk, Jul 8, 2023 IP
  4. Selena-Quintanilla

Selena-Quintanilla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank for the update!

Selena-Quintanilla, Jul 9, 2023 IP
  5. rjpzf

rjpzf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The IP address myth is old (and, by old, I mean almost 20 years old now). Google has the sophistication to do an IP lookup, which is very basic to implement. However, if they can implement this basic tech, they're also aware that shared hosting has been prevalent since the '90s, and, therefore, they should not be penalizing websites for being on the same IP address. In fact, Google has pretty much come out officially to dispel the IP address myth and has told people to focus on more important things.

rjpzf, Nov 8, 2023 IP