1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$10 Contest

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Dee2007, Jan 24, 2009.

Hi :)

I decided to offer this job on DP as I have numerous sites on the go and need to free up sometime.

If you take a look at the link below you will see a large image (it's 300dpi, so should be easier to get clean lines), what I need is the flag colours changed to the Purple and Blue as in the smaller example image. I also need the shadow at the bottom removed and it resized to 158px x 216px. And on a transparent background.

If you can also send me the image before resized as a PSD, that would be a bonus, just incase I need to rework in in the future.

I will pay the $10 to the person who I believe has done the best job (that fills my requests), I will require the image upfront, so if this is a problem then I apologise. But I will pay immediately via Paypal

One final thing I want the flags to retain the shadow effect, and detailing as block colours won't work.

Thanks in advance

Dee

http://trialsites.ihoststudio.com/trialsite224800/website/

Dee2007, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  2. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    lets get this straight, you are running a 10$ contest. if I d the work, which I can do professionally as somebody who's been using photoshop for a decade, and GIVE YOU the product, you just might pay me, or you could claim you paid somebody else and just take my money. I wouldn't put it past some of the people here to do that.

Either you have commisioned work or you haven't. I'll do it, I'll do it right now, why don't you pay me up front?

innovati, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  3. Shawn Ross

Shawn Ross Peon

Best Answers:
    He does have a point, The work itself is cake and wouldn't take more than about a half an hour while watching tv. I would just show him a very small pic with a very thick watermark on it.

Shawn Ross, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  4. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's fair to ask for the money up front and then he uses the best one.

See, this is called spec-work. If you comission 5 artists to make 5 versions, and you only want to use the best one, you have to PAY 5 artists to make 5 versions, and then once you have them you can use whatever you want!

but to commision 5 artists, and not agree to pay 5, is like stealing money from the 4 other artists

EDIT!

I'm done, and as you can see, all the flags have their own separate layer, which can be used at any later date to further modify the colours. also, the watermarks are allllll on the topmost layer, which I will delete before sending.

If this work is up to your standards and 'wins' your contest, you can PM me regarding payment, and once my payment has been recieved your deliverable will be: the PSD pictured here (minus the watermarks layer unless you really really want it), and the resized images, saved for web in Jpeg, and PNG.

[​IMG]
    PM me if you want this :)

5. Shawn Ross

Shawn Ross Peon

Best Answers:
    hah perfect, exactly what I was going to do

Shawn Ross, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  6. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done the work requested, I'm waiting now to see if I win the contest! I'd love it if there was you know.....an ending date for the contest or something like that.

7. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

Okay I get your point but the only reason I said contest is because on the 2 occasions I have offered a job it almost turned into a contest with loads of peeps showing what they have done, even thought I didn't ask them to do so. So the reason behind putting it as a contest was to state to people that I was only going to pick the best one, (and if that was the first one, then that was the one I would go with). so if they decided to "enter" so to speak, that was up to them, but I may not go with it.

Also the only reason I asked for delivery before payment is I have been ripped off before.

But you have done a good job, therefore I am happy to pay you. Will send you a PM

CONTEST CLOSED.

Thanks

Dee

PS I'm a she by the way

Dee2007, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  8. syuxx

syuxx Peon

Best Answers:
    lol. that's a really cool way to watermark your graphics.
    Haha.

syuxx, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  9. innovati

innovati Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]