1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2014 Best Niche ideas - Wearables and wearable technology

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Happster, Apr 11, 2014.

About 3 months ago, I posted an article/thread on this forum (link is here ) about top 10 new and fresh ideas for niche market. You can correct me if i am wrong, but that forum thread is now on number #1 Google search results for the key word "2014 niche ideas". Surely, i must say thank you for all thread contributors , including replies from digitalpoint staff @sarahk :
    and many other wise people on this community.

I would like to elaborate a bit more on this subject and i would like to hear your opinion , especially about wearable technology. Some of you were saying that it's not certain yet if wearables will be a new "big thing" or it will go down... I've posted this niche idea only 3 months ago but many things happened since that time. As an example i could give - google operation system for wearable devices.Surely it's a huge statement in technology world, if companies such as Google announcing software like this one. So my question would be : Do you think/or you believe , that wearable technology related websites, blogs and market places are worth to invest? Did you have any success so far ? (e.g high incomes from smartwatches or G glass sales and so fort ) Recently, I've created an infographic about wearables, and from all my analytics data i saw many wearable technology startups, which shared this infographic. I was surprised by how many bloggers and website developers are busy, creating content and marketplaces about "wearables" right now. So please share your experience and thoughts about this trend , and let's open the discussion for others who are looking for more info about this subject . Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    Happster, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  2. Mr Lee

Mr Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wearable tech is hot. But you need to pick and choose which markets will do better. Health and fitness wearbles make total sense.

I had a conversation with an Apple and a former Google exec just today about this. At Google HQ, you will hardly find anyone wearing Google glasses now. The did in the beginning, but not now. It was a great first out of the box product, but needs refinements. They saw the market limited to certain niches, but not ubiquitous.

Mr Lee, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  3. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the health & fitness ones probably would provide the most benefit, and apps would probably make wearable computer phones more useful. The Glass sounds like an okay idea, too. However, it's tough to market something that could end up becoming a fad.

Alyssa Lochmore, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  4. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wearables.de
    $9,587

gilescoley, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  5. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    The i-watch should be out soon and I am guessing it is going to be gigantic with Apple behind it. As I have more Apple devices than I care to mention, I will buy one!

cborrx, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  6. James Christy

James Christy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wearable technology is going to boom. Apple is coming out with their watch. Sony has their watch as well. There are others who are coming out with watches. I think that this industry is going to grow at a fast rate. Like "Mr Lee" said, "Health and fitness wearables make total sense.". I think that have a watch that has financial information (stock market) would be great but I can't see many investors using their watch to look up Wal-Street information.

James Christy, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  7. barbara robbinson

barbara robbinson Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a fact that with time new technology is born and it simply disrupts the current scenario. Things changed from desktop, laptop, to smartphones with growing technology. By 2018, £11 billion wearable technology enabled devices will be available in the market and businesses will be able to take advantage of that easily to boost productivity and revenue. There are a number of ways how businesses can benefit from wearable app technology and you can read here to know more about that.

https://kimberlyfernandez35.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    barbara robbinson, Nov 14, 2017 IP