1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Types of Email Follow-ups

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tim98133, Jun 15, 2012.

Hi guys – for those of you who are into list building I want to share the 3 types of emails people can send to their list.

1. Emails that educate
    2. Emails that sell
    3. Emails that both educate and sell

On the service this seems obvious, however there are so many people out there who focus on #2 only (emails that sell). People who are really interested in building a lasting relationship with their list should focus on #1 mostly. Even when I send out a sales offer I accompany it with some education material that naturally leads into the sales offer (#3).

What are your thoughts? Are there people out there who just send out sale offers? How often do you send out educational emails only?

Tim

tim98133, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  2. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi !

I'm all about education ... rarely do I see emails that don't try to sale me something. Once I got an email that said " My grandmother just died"in the subject line then at the end of the email the guy was trying to sale me something. Talk about depressing and completely uncalled for! I write autoresponder emails for webmasters that are used to educate readers -- I also advise new list builders to soft sell their list and only sale every few emails. But with solo ads being the new thing so few people actually listen or care about that kind of advice. I hope soon people try to divide their emails so that buyers don't always feel like you're only focus is their money and nothing else.

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 15, 2012 IP