1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Social Media Tips for 2010

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by malcon, Jan 13, 2010.

Hi all I have decided to list this 5 social media tips as you know Social media took a wild ride in 2009. The mainstream press fell in love with Twitter, Facebook grew aggressively and a new wave of companies starting taking social media seriously as a business tool. Below are 5 secrets to staying on top of it all in 2010

1. Pay Attention to the Metrics
    You can't manage what you can't measure. Chief Marketing Officers are going to pay more attention to metrics and tie in social media more directly to overall business goals, not just web-related goals. When starting up new project agree on what the metrics should be and what goals are appropriate.

2. Scale Good Habits
    As you grow, make sure you match your structure, policy and guidelines to your organization size. What works with 2 people won't work with 20 people. All in all your structure should encourage good habits. Your entire team should be motivated to respond quickly, post consistently and talk like a human. Speaking of policies and rules...

3. Have Rules, But Trust People
    As your social media strategy matures, you'll add in more rules and guidelines. However, you can't have a rule for every situation. You need to trust your team. Lead by example, don't manage with rulebook.

4. Creativity & Personality Trump Big Budget
    Social media is definitely one of those areas in life where more money doesn't always win. Two of the most powerful ingredients in social media are creativity and personality. They are the key to having a viral message and to being a trusted resource. They are also essential to discovering useful strategies and tactics. You can't be afraid to try something new or go against the grain.

5. Listen Listen Listen
    Don't focus so much on you and your message. Put that farther down on your To Do List. Focus first on your customers. Hear what they are saying, see what they're up to. Once you've been able to connect, and figure them out, then see how you can help.

malcon, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  2. bigcat1967

bigcat1967 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice little blurb of Social Sites. I'm really working hard on twitter - trying to get 5% of my network to get to my site. I understand the average is 1%-2%. Not much - but if you have 50,000 ppl in your network - it'll start adding up.

bigcat1967, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  3. AMFM

AMFM Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Post. I especially agree with numbers 4 and 5.

AMFM, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nice post.

SN are not kids thing anymore. everybody is there. its all about targeting to get results from SN.

webcosmo, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  5. azurah22

azurah22 Guest

Best Answers:
    nice post. very informative. :)

azurah22, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  6. ajnabi_07

ajnabi_07 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have huge list of followers then some will turn your site traffic .

ajnabi_07, Feb 17, 2010 IP