1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Tips when starting out at oDesk. How I make $200 to $400wk only working on 8-16hrs

Discussion in 'General Business' started by crystalq, Apr 8, 2013.

I've made a bit of money online doing forum marketing, selling websites, affiliate sales and now working full time on oDesk. I have 9 clients that pay me $27.00hr and I am going to put my rate up to $32.00hr very soon. I also get at least 5 new offers from contractors weekly which I usually turn down because of my busy work load.

If you say "but what can I do?" We'll there are many jobs to do that are quite easy like article writing, link building, graphics and uploading images anything to do with the web...

Here are 5 tips to attract new clients and to keep them coming back.

1. Start on a low rate! I know, it will s*ck for a while but the lower your rate or bid is the more likely it is you will get hired. Once you have 5 to 10, 5 star ratings increase your rate.

2. Only apply for jobs you can do. The worst thing you can do is lie and say you can do it when you can not. If you thought you could do it but something goes wrong just explain that to your client.

3. Go over and above for your clients! Do what ever they say whenever they say. While you're building up you're profile it's important to keep your client happy.

4. Make a really good profile description.
    Tip: 5 Stars and good comments from previous clients speak more volume than a bit of text. Aim to only get a 5 star rating for the work you did.

5. Good Communication! Clients hate waiting and like to know whats happening at all times, try to reply to a client within 2 hours of them messaging you or give them your work hour routine so they know when you're online and can be contacted.

I hope this helps someone...

Crystal.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    crystalq, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  2. jjosephs

jjosephs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi crystalq, good tips. I'm a bit of an oDesk veteran myself. What's your oDesk profile link if you don't mind me asking.

jjosephs, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  3. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips, I wish all my outsourcers were like you.... Really irritating when you have to keep asking for an update.

MobileInternet, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  4. crystalq

crystalq Active Member

Best Answers:
    @mobileinternet I know what you mean, some of my clients have other contractors and its sooo irritating having to wait for them to get stuff to me. @jjosephs I can pm you the link

crystalq, Apr 9, 2013 IP