1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A beginners guide to using sites like flippa safley and effectively effectively

Discussion in 'General Business' started by saoirse-tech, Sep 6, 2013.

Hi all i am new to dp, so im writing this short beginners guide , with the hope that my limited knowledge, can help people that are completely new to buying and selling out. If i have left anything out or anyone has anything to add please feel free to comment. I am only using flippa as an example. These rules apply to most site that deal with the buying and selling of domains and sites

So to start

Dont believe the hype

This type of business is not for everyone. If you are looking to make a quick buck or become a millionaire over night, stop now and re-evaluate your situation. When you see websites like flippa and others boasting this type of get rich quick mentality it is very easy to be taken in. Don't get me wrong sites like flippa have there place. But in simple terms, there are three types of people using flippa.

First are the people that are new and think its as easy as buying a domain on Monday and selling it on Tuesday it just doesn't work like that. Although it has on very rear occasions. If you are thinking like this stop now and please do some research.

Second are the people selling autoblog and template sites, normally the the first person listed above. Stay away from most of these sites they are all crap and unless you are person three (we will get to them in a minute) you will be getting know value, make no money or worse lose your shirt.

Third are the successful people. These people have put i time effort and hard work in a sustainably way to make money. They have researcher and learned over and over again. These people are normally highly skilled in seo, sem and a whole list of other stuff. They make a sustainable income from the business activity's and have got there by learning, time and effort.

If you are not person three you must get there to make proper money and become safe and successful.

Tips for buying and selling safely

These are going to seem pretty obvious but the amount of people that get carried away and don't do the basic checks when starting out is staggering.

1. Read feedback

The Feedback system on sites is there to help people make a decision. Always look bad feedback because bad feedback is usually warranted.

2. Look for past disputes

Past disputes for sellers that have been lost, can indicate a bad seller. It is a good idea to use it as a tool when making a decision.

3. Check dates and verification

Always check dates a person joined there verification status and other listings. these can be an indication for a users experience and how genuine they are.

4. Communication

Good users should always be happy to communicate with you as much is needed. Skype, Email and messaging should never be a problem for a genuine user.

5. Google

With thinks like this Google is your friend. Always search Google or Bing etc with a users user name Email address and so on. Its amazing what you might find. for example a username or email address might have been linked to a scam elsewhere.

So that's my basic guide for beginners. Some of this thing are pretty obvious but like i mentioned it is amazing how sometimes the little things can be over looked.

Over and Out

saoirse-tech, Sep 6, 2013 IP