1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A CMS that updates itself automatically?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by CPW-Carl, Apr 15, 2006.

Does anybody know of a CMS that will update itself automatically? Or very easily, like one click and you are done?

I'm looking at putting up many sites (around 50ish) with a bit of content rather than parking the domains, but the thought of having to maintain 50 CMS installs makes me shudder.

CPW-Carl, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  2. Ade355

Ade355 Peon

Best Answers:

Just choose a VERY lightweight CMS for that kind of purpose. In fact, are you sure you really require a CMS and all its features?

Ade355, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  3. rszrama

rszrama Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of updates are you talking about? Content or software?

(I'm assuming software.. in which case Drupal has been developed to run multiple web sites from a single installation. Updating/patching your Drupal core will be all it takes to update the sites.)

rszrama, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  4. CPW-Carl

CPW-Carl Peon

Best Answers:
    Ade355, yeah since made the OP, I got thinking that really all I needed was a simple html template. The reason I was concerned about updating was that I've had a few Mambo sites hacked recently cause I did not keep them up to date. I got lazy and the kiddies got in.

rszrama: software updates, as in keeping the cms up to date. Have never looked at Drupal, but if one install can run 50ish sites, that might be an option. Will go have a look......

CPW-Carl, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  5. Ade355

Ade355 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeap, thats the annoying world we live in. :mad: You've got the right idea regarding a template.

Keep it REALLY simple for this kind of thing

Ade355, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  6. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    You may want to look at http://esselbach.com it handles 100 sites from one interface.

I had a similar idea as yours but did not find find anything suitable at the time. I would be curious as to what else you discover. I never used esselbach because it was too clunky for me to get used to it. But apparently there it powers some major high traffic websites so I guess its quite good - and affordable.

sadcox66, Apr 20, 2006 IP