1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

a Digg alternative - How to market it?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by cmorley, Sep 13, 2007.

Hi:

I had created a digg alternative back in June 2006 - techtagg.com. It receives decent traffic from Google and other search engines. I get few new users signing up everyday.

However, I haven't really done any marketing other than my previous post on DP (Post)when I created the site.

I make decent money from Adsense. I assume other members are making some money as well since we share Adsense revenue like DP.

I am wondering what I should do next to promote this site so that I can begin to get more traffic and more users. I want to attract some regulars so that they post news stories - so they get to make Adsense money too. How do I do that? and where should I advertise or talk about this site? Since Google is crawling the site regularly now, I think it is great opportunity for people to make Adsense revenue by just posting a news story.

Is there any point in link building or link exchange with other DP members who has similar technology related sites?

Thank you,
    CM

cmorley, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Add site to other forums. Make sure people can have links to thier websites and get site ranked well. If site helps people who submit thier site people will join.

rcj662, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  3. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's the benefit that your site got after digg?

cherry_yuya, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  4. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    usasportstraining, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  5. bgan

bgan Peon

Best Answers:
    add your site to directories and blogs also. It is time consuming of course but can be a big increase in traffic.

bgan, Sep 13, 2007 IP