1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few questions about Digg

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by TerpNetwork, Mar 22, 2011.

Does it make sense to Digg your own stuff?
    I'm not even a member of Digg but I want to know if it makes sense to digg yourself? And/or how do you get others to digg you?
    Do you share with friends on Digg or do you share with the world?
    Can I pay people to Digg me? Is this fruitful?

TerpNetwork, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  2. jaycutler

jaycutler Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a top 100 Digger and you will be hard pressed to find anyone that will reveal the method publicly :)

jaycutler, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  3. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First I would prefer not to digg my own stuff. However once you have created your account on digg, start making friends with the users who are posting articles on digg of your same niche. Then keep a constant look out for what they are digging ? Whenever they bookmark there article on the site, just go and digg it.

The more number of diggs you do, of your friends, they will come back and digg yours. Its a kind of mutual give and take relationship, where you have to take the initiative and the others will eventually follow you ;)

China_girl, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  4. jaycutler

jaycutler Peon

Best Answers:
    that is how it "used to work".

not anymore.

jaycutler, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  5. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your story will be popular as much as you will get digg. It makes sense that your story will be on the home page of digg if you have enough diggs.

capstonic, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  6. jaycutler

jaycutler Peon

Best Answers:
    that is not how it works. Digg implemented a system that prevents "friend diggers" from pushing stories to the front page. There are more hoops to jump through now. No need to share misinformation unless you know what you're talking about. You're going to have the OP digging up a storm and getting nowhere fast.

jaycutler, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  7. parting

parting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can log in as a member and then you will know

parting, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  8. softwebsolutions

softwebsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digg.com is a social networking site which allows bloggers to read posts and share their articles to get more visitors. The website has a mechanism through which the creditability of the articles is decided based on a voting process. The more positive the response is; the more diggs the article gets. You can ask your fellow bloggers to notify other blogger friends and ask for their support. You can also use shout-outs to encourage other members to digg your article. But please note; that this has to be done within the first 15-20 minutes of listing. That is; any diggs made after 15-20 of article submission on the site will not be counted. I would also recommend you to include “posting the Digg button” on your wordpress.com posts which will help others to digg your article.

softwebsolutions, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  9. Paul Okselenko

Paul Okselenko Peon

Best Answers:
    It wont work if people that will press that button aren't digg members. Digg don't give an opportunity to "digg" for non-members.

Paul Okselenko, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  10. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    i never tried digging my own stuff. it doesn't make any sense for me.

ParentingCoachLisa, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  11. Beatriz Cruz

Beatriz Cruz Guest

Best Answers:
    Achieving the front page for a digg is worth it and yes it can be outsourced. I am not so sure though if this is really safe though because there is a risk of getting caught in the middle of the project.

Beatriz Cruz, Mar 31, 2011 IP