1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few questions for an experienced web developer

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by stephen421, Aug 6, 2009.

In the past I have owned a few small arcade sites. Nothing ever higher than pr 2. I have a great game site domain that I would like to use but I want it to be more than "just another arcade site".

For all my other sites I used the standard php arcade scripts, the same ones that everyone else uses. But I was sick of seeing sites that looked exactly the same and it seems like its hard to be successful with a script that is so widely used. I want to create something unique but Im not sure how to go about it. A site that I like is http://www.addictinggames.com. It is the most popular game site and listed #1 for the keyword games. How could I, or someone I hire create a site like this. Would they have to write a brand new custom script and install it? Is this done with a template and CMS?

Its hard to describe but basically what I want to know is if I wanted to hire someone to build a brand new custom unique game site such as addictinggames.com what would I need to have them do? Where would I find the person to do it? How much would it cost?

I hope someone understands what Im trying to ask. Thanks.

stephen421, Aug 6, 2009 IP