1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A free online (no download needed) content management for membership sites needed

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sajae, Mar 5, 2009.

Hi. I am thinking about starting my own community portal website....you know, like a social bookmarking or 'get paid to write' site and I need to know a free online content management software that doesn't require a download and is easy to use. I would perfer to build a website like "ehow" or "associated content". I know that If I hire a programmer, it will cost a fortune. Help!!!:confused:

sajae, Mar 5, 2009 IP
  2. superjacent

superjacent Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't quite follow what you want. What do you mean by "doesn't require a download"?

superjacent, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. misstycoon

misstycoon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he means hosted as in the free forums you can get on the net that are hosted already. I dont know any CMS like that though , maybe someone else knows one ? but I think thats what he means.

Actually there is something here I forgot ;

http://www.ning.com/

Have a search at some popular ones over there like Twilight (http://www.thetwilightsaga.com/) , they are great but yes I think thats what your looking for ?

misstycoon, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  4. oldball

oldball Peon

Best Answers:
    you'll get more out of running your own site -- learn a lot more too.

just get a cpanel hosting account, use fantastico to install wordpress and you've only spent about 15 minutes.

oldball, Mar 14, 2009 IP