1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A good solid website, is like a share of stock

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cluongo18, Feb 3, 2010.

Agree or disagree this is what im thinking lately:

You buy stock, you hope it will go up. Maybe if you need to pay a bill you can get rid of some stock at the right time and make a profit. You hold on to it, until you NEED money or until you retire (you need money).

A website is just like that. You need to invest money into a website. Whether its just $10 for the domain, or you also purchase advertising, software, etc to run the site. Its mostly in hopes of building the site over time, holding it, until you can sell it. Or if you need money. When you think about it, people BUY websites a lot. Them too, in hopes of making money. Its something you really cant go wrong in.

If you can properly devlope a website, give it good SEO, give it a good PR, good quality+backlinks and so on, your website will be worth something a month later, 2 months later, 3 months later and so on. It will either grow in how much its worth due to demand for those types of websites, if the niche is good or not, or if someone thinks they can profit off of it,

I dont know about you guys, but when I get going in my career, whether its Web Design or not, I will always Create/Sell websites on the side, as another source of income.

cluongo18, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  2. Boogieman

Boogieman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right

Boogieman, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  3. npack

npack Peon

Best Answers:
    All web sites are business - they generate cash flow.

All businesses can be divided into shares of stock.

Therefore, all web sites can be "shares of stock".

npack, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. reagent

reagent Active Member

Best Answers:
    The shares can go down. (c) Bloomberg TV. They say that 24/7 every 15 minutes...
    If one can develop a good website that makes money -- the only excuse to sell it is if one needs some cash to develop an even better website that will make him even more money.
    Running a business and buying stocks on NYSE seem to be rather different things.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    reagent, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  5. npack

npack Peon

Best Answers:
    Stock doesn't imply actively traded stock though. Stock, or equity, is just a piece or share of a company. No more, no less. Stocks only decline in value when the value of the business declines. A value of a web site can also decline day by day, assuming that you value it like you value any business, using discounted cash flow analysis. Future cash flows of a web site can dry up and reduce value, a web site can go bankrupt if you overspend on marketing that doesn't pay off, etc etc. I still think they are very similar...

npack, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  6. happypeekers

happypeekers Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree totally !

happypeekers, Feb 4, 2010 IP