1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A little PR help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sji2671, May 2, 2005.

I have been approached with a domain that was registered in 2001, its in my genre and was used for the last 4 years but is now taken down, google gives the url a pr7 as does future pr seo tool and shows heaps of backlinks but I think this something to do with the dns that is holding the domain rather than the domain itself as it shows 6000 backlinks in google and that aint right.

How can I check this domains worth, is there an "archive.org" PR lookup or some way that I can tell the links and PR for this domain are not genuine?

The name servers are worryingly;
    Name Server: NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
    Name Server: NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM

But it also has;
    Updated Date: 02-apr-2005
    Creation Date: 27-mar-2001
    Expiration Date: 27-mar-2006

I am :confused:

Thanks
    Scott

sji2671, May 2, 2005 IP
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    The DNS servers have no influence on the PR, so far as I know.

But, that's not say this is legit. Have you actually checked a sample of the backlinks reported to see if they do in fact point to this domain?

nullbit, May 2, 2005 IP
  3. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Ok, so the domain must have expired, it appears from the person that brought it to my attention that it is up for an extended auction on snapnames and a sample of the backlinks proves fruitless as regards anything that matches the domain so the info from google as regards the domain must be worthless.

Unless its a fake pr I still dont understand why its so high, someone must have re-registered it seeing as whois gives an expiry of 2006, maybe faked the PR......stop... how can it be a snapnames auction when its showing a 2006 expiry date? or do they also auction domains now. :confused:

sji2671, May 2, 2005 IP