1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A MySpace for Small Businesses...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by thegreatgatsby, Jun 30, 2007.

I've been getting a lot of questions regarding web2.0 and social networking sites and how they can help small businesses build a web presence. Everyone seems to TRUST social networking now (which wasn't the case 3 years ago) so people are more willing to use it to get info about products and services.

I used to hesitantly recommend that people create a MySpace page (or Facebook profile if they were targeting a younger demographic). Everytime someone did, it was like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole...the sites just weren't designed for businesses.

Now, in addition to Ebay and Blogger (and possibly LinkedIn depending on the businesses) I HIGHLY recommend MyLocalSpot. It's like a MySpace for small businesses and professionals. The profiles are designed for small businesses, so you can post pictures, site links, specials, products or services, a business description, etc.

They have yet to add a friends feature, which is something I hope they do, but other than that it's been great. Just thought I'd pass it along.

thegreatgatsby, Jun 30, 2007 IP