1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A quick favor, please?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by miktor, Jan 2, 2008.

Hi, I am starting a forum and I wanted to change the default logo to a custom one but for some reason my photoshop saves the GIF in a choppy way. I would appreciate it if someone could take 1 minute to do this for me.

I need a 240x55 GIF image.
    I need it to say "Admin Boards" (minus the quotes)
    Admin should be red and Boards should be gray.
    Color code for "Admin" is: f63100
    Color code for "Boards" is: 8c9499
    Background should be transparent.

I would like it to be a simple font. Something web 2.0-ish

As you see, this is basically an image which reads admin boards in 2 different colors. It wont take more than 2 minutes MAX to complete.

Thanks in advance!

miktor, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  2. jamesplankton

jamesplankton Peon

Best Answers:
    The transparency is causing your image to be jagged. You can solve this a few ways. Here they are in descending order of ease:
    1. Save the GIF with the background that it's going to have on your site instead of making the image transparent. It's foolproof and easy.
    2. Use a matte - this is basically a few pixels of background around the edges of your image, which is otherwise transparent.
    3. Save the file as a transparent PNG-24 instead of a GIF. It will be transparent, it will have smooth edges, but it won't be handled correctly by IE, which changes the transparent background into a pale blue one.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

jamesplankton, Jan 2, 2008 IP
    Xavier_3D likes this.