1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A web directory content manager?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by BungeeBones, Jan 14, 2008.

I have played around with content managers (Moodle, PHPWebsite, Mambo, Post Nuke etc) in the past but prefer to code my own sometimes. A while ago I set out to build this new site www.BungeeBones.com which I am beginning to see has some aspects of a content manager, but sort of like a subscription (free though).

The way it works webmasters register their site (submit a link) and can then get the code of a completely functional and populated directory for placement on their site. They need to provide the template for it so that they have their own logos and menus and footers etc so it looks and is a part of their site. I supply the code for the directory and it pulls the updated links and categories from my website.

I'm really trying to come up with a better way of describing it. Web directory content manager is close, but not quite there. Subscription based content manager maybe? Any thoughts or suggestions?

BungeeBones, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  2. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    How about "Personalized Web Directory Control?" Just a thought.

Bohol, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  3. BungeeBones

BungeeBones Peon

Best Answers:
    I found some similar sites by Googling "link exchange".

They all seem to have a variety of descriptions too so I guess there hasn't been a standard name developed. "Subscription" came up which is what I am using alot vnow

BungeeBones, Jan 15, 2008 IP