1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ABN (Australian Business Number)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Plutonic, Jun 1, 2010.

I want a .com.au domain. I need an ABN (Australian Business Number) to get one.

What does having an ABN involve? I wont be selling anything via the site. So will I have to return forms every year? pay anything? extra taxes? anything?

Plutonic, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  2. Plutonic

Plutonic Peon

Best Answers:
    If I have an ABN, will I need to declare profits (such as selling subscriptions and adsense earnings) or amounts spent (on advertising, forum posting etc.) to tax?

Plutonic, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  3. Plutonic

Plutonic Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen .com.au personal websites, such as blogs and forums. They must have ABN's, but they don't trade as businesses? So how does that work?

Plutonic, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  4. BeauRepairsWebDesign

BeauRepairsWebDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    abr.gov.au

Check this site out here mate, you can have an ABN number in under 30mins sent to your email account ;).

BeauRepairsWebDesign, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  5. Andrew Clave

Andrew Clave Peon

Best Answers:
    ABN is similar to TFN but it's for sole traders or small businesses, not employees. You won't pay anything till you declare your earnings. Getting one is very straightforward and uncomplicated and yes, will take you just a few minutes. Good luck:D

Andrew Clave, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  6. itsallwhite

itsallwhite Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need to declare your ABN when you register your domain and the rules are that the domain should be substantially related to the type of business you do according to your abn - not sure the Australia registration people check this or not though

itsallwhite, Jul 25, 2010 IP