1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About moving website to different domain name and duplication issues

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by einsteinsboi, Feb 20, 2008.

I have a blogspot blog and I want to close it and move the content to a new website (not blog) that I'm building. The way I'm thinking of proceeding is to remove all the content, place a redirect link on the blog to my new website, and then repost the same content as articles on my new website. After a while I'll completely shut down the blog and delete it. Do you think my new website will face any difficulties or penalties related to duplicate content?

Any thoughts on this?

einsteinsboi, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  2. deccanbazaar.biz

deccanbazaar.biz Banned

Best Answers:
    My opinion:

yes you will get penalized by search engines if the blogspot is already indexed .

but you can how ever transfer the data to your new website and slowly dlete all the content on the blogspot that may not hurt your new website :)

deccanbazaar.biz, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  3. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you start from the scratch and let your blogspot site untouched. You can put a redirection message in your blog site to announce your new site. I've seen sites doing this setup.

Bohol, Mar 7, 2008 IP