1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About social network spamming

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Yukinara, Dec 10, 2009.

I just talked to a guy about what can be considered social network spamming, especially facebook and myspace. He said that anyone who spam those networks and get caught very fast. That is a little weird since I know many people who earn money for months and have no problem at all(or they do, I just don't know it). I know some methods to make money on those networks, but after hearing some horror stories from him, I have to rethink my strategy. Look like they can track down any outbound link from their site, but what about link without http? Like making people copy and paste the link instead of just clicking on it?
    After some experiments on those networks, I think those are great and free traffic source that shouldn't be abandon, it's just about how to use them to the best way possible
    any comments or idea?

Yukinara, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can make money picking up cans on the side of the Freeway too.

Why not focus on creating value instead of being a bottom dweller?

Wouldn't it be great if all the sites you make for yourself were constantly hammered by spammers?

internetmarketingiq, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  3. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've made money on myspace usually if your a myspace spammer they warn you and that's it.

br3adman, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  4. Yukinara

Yukinara Peon

Best Answers:
    uhm, not you mention it, there is no law against social network spammers, and there are tons of them out there, maybe that guy just doesn't want another competitor

Yukinara, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  5. Gerinja

Gerinja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have a myspace account from long ago. i try to avoid them now. if you think about how much advertising goes on their pages it is unbelievable. they earn millions out of ads, and yet when i went on their forum to promote my site, they banned me? since then, i do not look at myspace with respect anymore. if anybody wants my opinion, and if you are to open a social network account for marketing/business reasons go with facebook. they are best for sure!

Gerinja, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  6. youdiezst

youdiezst Member

Best Answers:
    don't make your advertisement sounds like an advertisement, casually slot them into wall messages :)

youdiezst, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  7. jackbdirty

jackbdirty Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people aren't interested in the spam and stuff going through myspace, facebook and all that stuff. I feel as a webmaster that it would be way too much of a waste of time that I could be focusing more on content of my sites and SEO than messing with that stuff.

jackbdirty, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. rockstarinlife

rockstarinlife Peon

Best Answers:
    good one...

rockstarinlife, Dec 17, 2009 IP