1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"about us" page

Discussion in 'General Business' started by blomstervand, Jul 26, 2011.

Hello DP,

I have chosen to start up my own company with some freelancers. We will be offering very cheap website transfers, script installs, plugin/theme installations, end user support (for web hosts mainly) and website/server management.

I have got the job to make the webpage, and for that we need an "about" page. Of course we know everything about what we are doing and who we are, but what do you want to see on an "about" page? When you enter a website and go to read about the company, what do you expect to find and what do you need to know? :)

Regards

blomstervand, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  2. healthdomainbuyer

healthdomainbuyer Peon

Best Answers:
    When I go to an about page, I expect to see a few things:

The experience/skills of the people running the company. My about page explains that I have 7 years of writing experience, lists some of the projects I have completed and gives a partial list of my past clients.

Services you provide (unless you have a separate services page)

A photo of the person/people you're describing

healthdomainbuyer, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  3. blomstervand

blomstervand Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, thanks for the feedback. We have a separate services page :)
    All the people that do work for me are freelancers, so they are available for work when I need them, they are not fulltime. Should I add a photo of all freelancers? Will it increase the reliability if I do that?
    We will also have a separate page for reviews (past clients), but I could of course refer to that on the "about" page.

blomstervand, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  4. glacey

glacey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I usually also include:- why the website was created and whats its purpose, future plans for the website.

glacey, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  5. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    your company profile is important in about us page.

jhardy2008, Jul 29, 2011 IP