1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Accommodation Website Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General Business' started by vmlive, May 3, 2010.

Hello,

I have an accommodation website for a small resort town (it has about 18 hotels) which generates traffic from search engines of 200 visitors per month and growing.

Currently the website has information about some hotels and a link to hotels combined affiliate program as well as a search box. However, the website does not bring much income.

I would be really happy to hear some suggestions on how to make my website more popular. What are some services and ideas I could implement to make it more useful for visitors?

The reason I am asking is because I want to make it valuable to people and not another junk website with copied hotel descriptions.

Thanks in advance!

vmlive, May 3, 2010 IP
  2. 50plus

50plus Guest

Best Answers:
    Assuming you are familiar with the small resort town, why not add some more pages to your site covering local events, things to see and do in the town and surrounding area and not just in list form but with full descriptions. that would bring more visitors to your site who are not really looking for accommodation but who might decide to come and stay because of what the area has to offer.

50plus, May 5, 2010 IP
  3. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    First, can you post the website link? Its important to see when people are making comments on what you should do. It has to be visually appealing, and will need something that will keep the visitors coming back. Think about the resort towns, and do "niche" marketing on forums that relate to those towns. Also, I would recommend PPC marketing. Im not sure what your budget is, but it can drive tons of traffic to your site. You should also set up facebook pages, and do targeted marketing on Facebook. Make your keywords specific to the landing page of the town you are marketing. For example if im looking up NY, I click the ad (Keyword, or interest is related to NY), and the link brings me to the specific NY landing page. Its little targeted "niche" marketing like this that makes all the difference.

jump32, May 5, 2010 IP
  4. vmlive

vmlive Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your responses! Here is the website: jasperaccommodations.ca

Any more comments are welcome.

vmlive, May 5, 2010 IP
  5. troupe

troupe Peon

Best Answers:
    You might try adding a blog where you can post weekly updates about what is going on, about fun things to do, etc. Think in terms of what people are likely to search for to find your site. Also try to get incoming links--particularly from other travel sites, chamber of commerce, etc.

Look at you statistics and identify the phrases that are getting people to your site, where you appear on the second page of Google results. Try to optimize for those pages to get on the first page of Google results. This can drastically increase your traffic and it leverages the keywords you are already ranking for.

troupe, May 5, 2010 IP
  6. Lunaticmoon

Lunaticmoon Peon

Best Answers:
    Jump 32 you are bang on. Laser point targeting.

Lunaticmoon, May 28, 2011 IP
  7. samdino

samdino Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow Awesome this is very helpfull for me,Very inspiring. Thanks for share this nice post.

samdino, Jun 1, 2011 IP