1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Acquired Liquidated Data Center Assets: Need Advice (Possible Partnerships)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gotkloud, May 23, 2011.

Hey DigitalPoint community,

Recently I acquired many assets of a liquidated Datacenter including and not limited to:

35 X 1U Servers with various specs, ranging from Core 2 Duo machines with many gigs of ram and a lot of dual HDD space down to Celeron machines with much less memory and some dual HDD space.
    3 X Remote Power Switches
    3 X Network Switches

Given this server heavy situation I would solicit the advice of the DigitalPoint community as to what I should do with all of these servers, switches, and the like. I do have power backups (adequate enough), could (with a business direction); go to a facility where I could run a fast Internet line to the servers. Rather than just sell these boxes and other equipment off, I'd like to do something more long term and am looking for both ideas and would be interested in partnership plans as well.

Regards,

AKGhost

gotkloud, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where is the equipment physically located? And in what condition is it?

Adraco, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there Adraco,

The equipment is physically located in Southern California and is in good to excellent condition. Please do feel free to contact me if you have any other questions either through this thread or via PM.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What was your plan when you bought them?

I imagine you could break them up into smaller "parcels" and sell on ebay very easily.

sarahk, May 23, 2011 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The servers can make you a decent profit if you place them in a good datacenter . They are a lot of servers so i would just plug in only those that you need . Ask the DC personnel if they can store your servers and plug them in as needed . You're gonna have to do a bit of negotiation but it is doable . The aux equipment could be lend to the DC as a discount leverage - once again some negotiation would be involved . Do keep in mind that the servers will eventually break down and will need spare parts .

Otherwise eBay & Craig's is the way to go .

ApocalypseXL, May 23, 2011 IP
  6. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello sarahk and ApocalypseXL, thanks for joining in!

@ sarahk My initial intention was to utilize a few and get rid of most of them.

@ ApocalypseXL: how would you recommend I go about making my servers generate my cash?

With good business direction I could certainly place these servers in a datacenter as you've recommended.

Thank you both for your responses, please feel free to reply on this thread if you have any more advice, suggestions, or questions or feel free to PM me.