1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad companies

Discussion in 'General Business' started by temery1961, Nov 30, 2011.

I do believe this is the best forum. If I am incorrect, please accept my apologies, and move my post, if appropriate.

I am wondering what the ideal number of ad companies to work with is, to provide various banner ads for my two sites. Combined, the sites average over 5 million page views a month, and close to 150,000 unique visitors.

Currently, I have one company serving the ads, and I have noticed a large swing in daily revenue. Some days I am making $200, and others (more often), less than $20, with only a 30% to 40% fill rate.

My question is: Would I benefit from having more than one company serving my ads? The script I use allows me to insert the ad code and present ads on a rotating basis: I can insert the code from two or three companies, and each would fill the ads every two or three page views.

If I would benefit, what is the ideal number of companies to use?

I would appreciate your thoughts, and any experience(s) you may have in this area.

Thank you!

Tom

temery1961, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  2. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Tom,

May I ask firstly what company you are using?

You may want to try the following companies if you are already not using them.

Have you tried using the big G? Aka Adsense.

Advertising.com They require 2 million page views per month - Apparently they are one of the highest paying CPM networks if you can get accepted into it.

Tribalfusion.com They require about 10k uniques per month

If you would like anymore help please do let me know.

Regards

Luke

lukey372, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  3. temery1961

temery1961 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the quick reply. I have been using contextweb for most of November. A couple weeks ago I did add Google AdSense, and have been alternating between the two. AdSense is averaging 100% fill, .09 click through rate, $1.06 CPC, and $0.91 Page RPM. I believe this is good. The contextweb is the one averaging 50% fill, and far less for CPC and Page RPM. I have someone who I agreed to handle my ads, and he is the one who set up the contextweb, saying the rates get much better over time. The AdSense is something I have set up and manage.

Do the two companies you manage require exclusivity? Any additional thoughts?
    [TABLE="class: grid"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: asfe-DynamicTableCell"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

temery1961, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  4. jmbinfo

jmbinfo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with about 20 networks. ( ie: GetAds, Azoogle, Neverblue, Maxbounty, etc. ). I do alot of email marketing so I like to have alot of choices to choose from. With a site like that I would join as many as I could and use a link rotator and then compare the stats.

jmbinfo, Nov 30, 2011 IP