1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adaware Deleted An IP Address!!! =/

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kanutervalve, Apr 7, 2005.

Haha I have an amusing story for you all...

I have a friend who is just an average computer user... knows how to go through the web, use office, and all of that stuff. Well she had gotten some spyware/adware on her computer from somewhere and it was getting annoying so I went over there and downloaded adaware for her, installed it, ran it, and it cleaned up all of the stuff on the computer. There were no more pop ups or anything.

Well for those of you who have never used adaware before... you have to open it, scan the hard drive, and tell it to delete something before it will get rid of anything. It doesn't do background scans like Norton or anything like that.

Well a few weeks after I did that, I guess the computer started having problems so she called out the freakin brilliant tech support guy :eek: He looked at the computer for a while and guess what he said was wrong with it... You'll never believe this... Go on, take a guess...

He said adaware deleted her IP address while it was doing background scans and that was what was wrong with the computer :confused:

So now I look like an idiot because Mr. Genius Tech Support man said that adaware deleted her IP address (nevermind the fact that you can't "delete" an IP address), now I'm stuck trying to explain how he is an idiot to someone who doesn't know enough about computers to see how retarded this guy is.

kanutervalve, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Just let her buy a new one on eBay. I think 123.456.789.0 is still available :D

T0PS3O, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  3. YoungCoder

YoungCoder Peon

Best Answers:
    ipconfig /renew

YoungCoder, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  4. kanutervalve

kanutervalve Guest

Best Answers:
    HAHA!!! Thats great!

YoungCoder: Lol it's funny because you can't delete an IP address. Adaware didn't release it or anything, the tech support guy is just an idiot and said adaware deleted her IP.

kanutervalve, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  5. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Half of these guys make some story up about the previous guy doing a botch job because it makes them look knowledgeable and then they charge a bunch of money for doing nothing. It's the oldest trick in the book. :rolleyes:

Weirfire, Apr 8, 2005 IP