1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding blank module/block for links

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by dpakman91, Apr 30, 2006.

A few months ago when i started ww.absolutelyipods.com, someone on DP set up some "partner links" boxes that you can see at the bottom left and right of the site where i can simply enter any text/links/etc, and they show up.

I should have asked at the time how to set that up, but i didn't, and now i want to do the same on www.thesatelliteradionetwork.com, and don't know how. Does anyone know how i would go about doing that? I want exactly the same thing as on www.absolutelyipods.com

:confused:

dpakman91, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    joomla?

modules -> site modules, click the new button.

natsirtm, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  3. dpakman91

dpakman91 Banned

Best Answers:
    whoops, joomla yes, i should have mentioned that. for some reason i thought it wasn't as simple as just adding a new module.

dpakman91, May 1, 2006 IP
  4. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    well you could write an entire module.php file and create a zip w/ an xml installer file if you wanted to include dynamic content. you'd have to manage the content through a db backend or create a component to manage it through the administration. for something like partner links which won't change a lot (ie. maybe grow but not delete) it's probably faster to just create a custom content module.

natsirtm, May 1, 2006 IP
  5. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

I got one question, also on joomla, how do we create a text box with a code that says "Link to us" inside, that people will be able to select the code inside the box and then paste it into their html and get a link back to us, how do we do that, i have go to site modules > new, but dont have any idea what code i should insert to generate a box with that penny code inside, i know it's using iframe but dont have any idea how to do that, since i read on several tutorial, the code only calls out static pages.

rewlie, May 1, 2006 IP
  6. dpakman91

dpakman91 Banned

Best Answers:
    alright, i've got it all set up. as a separate question, when i pull up the page in explorer it's TOTALLY messed up, and i don't even know where to begin to fix it.

in the preview it looks fine, and in netscape it looks essentially fine as well, but not when you access it in IE. can someone take a look and maybe suggest a fix?

http://www.thesatelliteradionetwork.com/

dpakman91, May 1, 2006 IP
  7. natsirtm

natsirtm Active Member

Best Answers:
    what position is the module in? it looks like the banner should be underneath the "partner links".. so is the partner links module in the "right" position?

natsirtm, May 1, 2006 IP