1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adobe CS4 users, Photoshop vs Fireworks Web Design.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by webandinkmedia, Jul 20, 2009.

Hi,

I want to get your opinion what Design Program do you prefer to use in Designing a Website.

I used both Photoshop and Fireworks. Before Adobe bought Fireworks I really love Photoshop. Photoshop is my favorite Design Tool since it can do complex design. Meanwhile Fireworks can also do good designs and can export fast in html, But it hasn't convince me to make Fireworks as my favorite design tool.

Since CS4 has been released recently, I was very amazed by the new features of Fireworks. Fireworks have been really improve. I like the feature of Fireworks that it can easily slice objects and also supports AIR publishing.

So what do you think? Photoshop or Fireworks? what do you like in both?

Thanks! :)

webandinkmedia, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. philb

philb Peon

Best Answers:
    Dreamweaver and Fireworks. I only touch Photoshop for altering/manipulating images.

philb, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. Photoshop_Designer

Photoshop_Designer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Dreamweaver is the best out of the 3 for website design although i have not used it an awful lot from what i have heard alot of people use it.
    I have used fireworks quite alot and find it quite easy to use, Like PhilB said photshop is best for photo manipulating and design, Adobe illustrator is best for logo design and vector designs.

PD

Photoshop_Designer, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  4. zartworkdesigns

zartworkdesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with these guys. Dreamweaver is a great tool for working with the code of your site. I would start with photoshop for your design, illustrator for any vector stuff and flash for animation. Put it all together in dreamweaver!

zartworkdesigns, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  5. xyunaxfantasiesx

xyunaxfantasiesx Peon

Best Answers:
    Photoshop is more geared toward graphic designing while I believe Dreamweaver is made specifically for Web Designing. Of course, I prefer Photoshop as I don't develop websites, but I make the layout.

xyunaxfantasiesx, Jul 21, 2009 IP