1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense and Content Management

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by cron0s_65, Mar 13, 2007.

Ok so im very new to this i have made proly 3 working sites so far. i recently had an idea for a new one and have found bundles and bundles of content but I'm at a loss for what to do next seeing as i haven't much $ and a little bit of time i would like to take on the project myself.

What I'm looking for is maybe Joomla or maybe something else which will incorpate adsense. I need it to be nice and easy to add all my content "i will be copying and pasting mostly text but some pictures" I would like it to have a list or a frame on the left hand side for categories and i would like it to incorpate adsense onto the pages. I would also like it to be very SEO friendly. Not that I'm even sure what steps need to be taken to acheave that but I'm very willing to learn.

Any help that anyone could give me by pointing me in the rite direction would be greatly appreciated.

cron0s_65, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  2. bentong

bentong Banned

Best Answers:
    If you think it would gonna be a 'big' site, go ahead with joomla. Otherwise, use wordpress.

Just look for the plugins thread. :)

bentong, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  3. bingokid

bingokid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree, if all you need is something to just post content go with Wordpress, if you want more - then use Joomla. Joomla gives you much more options, user registration, newsletter, forum integration, gallery etc... there is a plugin/component for everything :)

bingokid, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  4. tofm2

tofm2 Banned

Best Answers:
    For a similar purpose, I use joomla with phpbb bridging capacity

tofm2, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  5. topaix

topaix Peon

Best Answers:
    You may consider using Drupal. Drupal has inbuilt Forum. But it can be bridged with vBulletin and phpBB. I am using Drupal at my site - topaix.com

topaix, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  6. ichigo

ichigo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for me the best choice would be drupal.
    but i use wordpress cause my sites are just small.

ichigo, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  7. cron0s_65

cron0s_65 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for the responses how easy is it to use adsebse with joomla and drupal

ive used wordpress and i dont think it will fit my needs for this project

cron0s_65, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  8. bingokid

bingokid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For Joomla, if you design your template with adsense in mind then its really easy. You just copy the code in the module and then set where the module will be shown. Or you can use one of the modules made by community and just type in your account data, colors etc..

bingokid, Mar 15, 2007 IP