1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advance restaurant database

Discussion in 'General Business' started by zatomik, Sep 24, 2011.

Hi,

i have one idea about web project, but first i Would like to ask ppl around if they would find it useful. I have been browsing web, but i have found only simple restaurant "catalogues" or "databases" usualy with plain list of restaurants and link to their web.

General use case is this one. You want eat in restaurant and you would like to have some specific meal, for example Salmon salad and you are in Sydney. Currently you can search at Google for Pizzerias in sydney, which usually have salads also, open 10 pizzeria sites and maybe you will be lucky.

What i would do on website is database of restaurand with their meals/drinks so you would just type that you want Salmon salad in Sydney and it would throw you list of restaurant where they have this salad. I know that it would be hard to keep this list actual etc, but if it would atract people I think restaurant would go for it too.

Question is, how much ppl want search restaurant by meal. Cause maybe most ppl just go to favourite restaurant and see which meal they have and choose something.
    And one more question, maybe you know about some website which currently exists and it is close to my description.

Thx for info:)

zatomik, Sep 24, 2011 IP
  2. Hybrisil

Hybrisil Guest

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a very sophisticated platform that you will need to build, but it surely sounds like a good idea. It is more developed than the simple restaurant guides online. I like the sound of this and I would definitely be an advocate for something like this. Like I said, it would be a platform that would require a great deal of work and planning. Best of luck to you.

Hybrisil, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  3. zatomik

zatomik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Simple restaurant guides are kinda boring, cause mostly it is same result as if you put into google "restaurant Sydney". Many of them has advantage of user reviews, but google adding microformats for reviews, so even google has possibility to show reviews on some restaurant.
    That my idea would be definitly sophisticated system, but not so hard to develop. The biggest problem would be parsing restaurant websites or push restaurant managers to update their menu on my website.
    Currently I m doing some research if ppl would be interested in it, so later we will see results.

zatomik, Sep 26, 2011 IP