1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advantages + Disadvantages for my site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mikka23, Dec 16, 2006.

Do people think I should use a cms for my soon to be released website :http://www.freecss.info/CSS2/css2.html

I am concidering it but some cms would be hard to convert the design to fit it, it may not have some features and may be bad for the seo of the site. What are peoples opinions on it? I was planning to either use a cms or completely XHTML and no php.

Also if you think that I should use a cms please post a good one which is seo friendly and one which I could create a skin for the same as my design.

Thanks you

mikka23, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  2. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What are you planning to use, if not a cms?

qwestcommunications, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  3. mikka23

mikka23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am planning to write it all myself with no php therefore just update it by hand with xhtml and reupload the page.

mikka23, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  4. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If its going to be a big site with a lot of updates it is probably best to go with a cms.

qwestcommunications, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  5. mikka23

mikka23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I already have a site using php fusion cms. I worry that using a cms will make the site very bad for seo. If possible can you sugges a seo friendly cms which will fit around my design and incorporate the following features where possible:

Downloads in the form shown on design with download count, and easy add with thumbnail.

Article, with comments, for tutorials.

Log in area which allows members to sign up and submit downloads. It counts each members submittion count and displays top

News system for front page.

mikka23, Dec 16, 2006 IP