1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advantages of Aggregation for Websites

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SamKa87, Jan 24, 2014.

Hello,

I am planning to start a used cars aggregator website which would need liaising with the webmasters/owners of used cars websites. Aggregators are not common in my region and hence I will need a good argument to persuade the owners of those websites that such partnership will be beneficial to them. This argument will be especially for the most popular websites since they may think of the idea as a threat to their business rather than a marketing opportunity.

I would appreciate if someone can elaborate on the benefits of this partnership for the targeted websites.

Also, assuming that an agreement was reached with those websites, I would like to know the following:

What would an acceptable referral fee be?

How do we determine referral numbers mutually? Is there software that can be used to accomplish this?

Thank you,

SamKa87, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  2. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need a lot of capital to get it off the ground.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  3. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a competitive idea, and you would be better off with unique content in the proces of promoting it. However, if you have the determination you need to find a way to obtain the tools you need, I personally wish you the best. It might take some effort on your part, but you can do it if you don't give up.

gambler53, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  4. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of cpa/cpc/cpm ad networks around to promote something. They can find more relevant websites than you and can track fees/numbers, etc. Because it's the business they do. In general, liaising with many webmasters is not needed or advantageous.

makeit easy, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  5. SamKa87

SamKa87 Peon

Best Answers:

Can you elaborate on this ? Why would I need a large capital ? Would there be any unusual expenses in addition to marketing, server, hosting..etc ?

SamKa87, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  6. SamKa87

SamKa87 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you,

SamKa87, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  7. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best argument you can offer anyone running a business is the financial advantage it represents. In your case, the most obvious thing for me is that they will be able to cut their advertising budget: if you're ranking very high on all the search engines and are sending them traffic, they don't need to worry about their own rankings so much. This would work better with the smaller sites, of course, rather than those who want to be #1 themselves.

Think of it in the same way you would approach businesses with a CPA setup: you do the affiliate marketing for them and they just sit back. When they make a sale through you, you get a percentage, but they don't have to do any of the advertising work, the SEO, the content building, the forum management or whatever else you're doing.

Most CPAs offer a percentage or fixed fee. If they're only paying when a sale completes, either would work depending on their setup. You'll generally do better with a percentage than a fixed sum, I would imagine.

This is where your main problem will lie: they will have to make changes at their end to track affiliate links. That means changes for them which means extra cost. It'll be a hard sell, though it's probably not a difficult thing to develop - many platforms already have affiliate sales built in, so they may just have to buy a plugin of some kind and tell you how to build your links.

TIEro, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  8. SamKa87

SamKa87 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is true, but allowing an aggregator, whose users are solely interested in the same content, to show your content will drive better traffic. From user behaviour point of view, an aggergator would be their preferred channel to look for their desired item as it will spare them the hassle of entering the same search criteria several times on several websites.

SamKa87, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  9. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Man power.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  10. SamKa87

SamKa87 Peon

Best Answers:
    A very comprehensive answer.

Much appreciated

SamKa87, Jan 25, 2014 IP