1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertising opportunities with Tumblr

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by YJunK, Jan 15, 2014.

Now that Yahoo! has announced it's new advertising platform which will encompass all the websites they own under "one roof", do you think it will benefit those who advertise on Tumblr?
    So far, as a tumblr user, I've found that sponsored posts don't really interfere too much with my browsing, but it's absolutely clear to me that the ads aren't targeted at me. They're just randomly there.
    With this new system I hope to see some ads that will actually look interesting to me.
    What do you guys think about all of this?

YJunK, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  2. bf76

bf76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i'm surprised tumblr isn't talked about that much. It is sooo huge.

Obtaining a big number of followers i have found, isn't that hard. For me the difficulty is monetizing the traffic. I have put adsense on some of my blogs, but only get a trickle of traffic. I am still searching!!

bf76, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  3. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the trouble with monetizing tumbler is one of the main reasons it's not being talked about that much. I do, however, think that with this new Yahoo! thing it will finally gain some more buzz. More as an advertising platform than a money-making one, but that's progress in the right direction.
    Tumblr is great, for me, to create a buzz around my other social networks. My company uses it heavily to promote our products via videos and pictures. It's a surprisingly effective platform for that.

YJunK, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  4. koreancowboy

koreancowboy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tried putting Adsense in my tumblr (before I got banned from there LOL), but tumblr would reject the code. Weird.

Also, I wonder if they'll integrate Chikita in with tumblr? I mean, they're now in cahoots with Yahoo...

koreancowboy, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  5. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Advertising on tumblr with Adsense is possible. Maybe it was an issue just for you, but I've seen ads on other people's tumblrs before. Perhaps it could have been an issue with your theme?

YJunK, Jan 30, 2014 IP