1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertising options and pricing?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by fashio51, Mar 19, 2010.

I couldnt really find another forum to post in so thought I'd put this here.

Basically I set up a site a few months ago, mainly to test my skills, but it has become quite popular and Ive had companies interested in advertising.

The things is I have NO IDEA what sort of prices I should be charging..

The site is only getting 200-250 hits a day, but its all good niche traffic related to the subject. Plus this traffic is growing steadily and I have not built any backlinks yet and done exremely minimal marketing.

I was thinking of having two options, I have main banner space right next to my logo, the size is 600x100. I was thinking of offering this for around £85 a month.

I was then going to create some 125x125 adspace and offer this at around £30 a month...

These would be displayed on all 2000(ish) pages of the site.

I have based these number mainly on what I would expect to achieve through an affiliate banner I have the larger adspace at the moment.. I think the main banner would get 15-20 clicks a day..

does anyone have any suggestions, are these figures way high/low?

Any other input appreciated.

Thanks

fashio51, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  2. dreadman

dreadman Peon

Best Answers:
    Its difficult to determine weather they are high or low without knowing the specifics of a site . If companies are willing to pay then you could charge even higher.

dreadman, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  3. fashio51

fashio51 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response,

dont really want to post a URL at the minute, is there any other info I could give that could help?

The potential advitisers are related to the site topic. They emailed me asking to see my advertising pricing and options and I havent got any... I already have links to there site on mine and they must be seeing good traffic going to theirs to think its worthwhile them advetising.

The companies in question aren't particular big, so wont have massive advertising budgets. You say 'if companies are willing to pay you could charge higher' whilst this is true its finding out what they are willing to pay that is the hard part. I dont want to go in with a really high figure and scare them off. I can always put prices up as my traffic grows.

I also want it to be worth there while, obviously if its not they wont botehr or will stop the advertising.

I basically just wanted to make sure my figures wont totally way out

4. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    15-20 clicks off 200-250 UV's? I am not sure if your forecast is correct here. If you are getting that many clicks, why not just have adsense on your page and start collecting $10-$15 a day? that's roughly around $300 a month. Why sell an ad to a company for 85 when you can potentially make 300?

Maybe re-visit your forecast for the number of clicks you would receive off your main ad.

FreeCashTube, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  5. fashio51

fashio51 Active Member

Best Answers:
    just rechecked and its actually 10-15. These are banners which I know users of my site will be interested in.

I am reluctant to do google adsense as A. Ive never personally click google text ads and I think the text links look a bit 'tacky' so I had wanted to stay clear of them.

Maybe I am being naive to google adsense and should look into it. I would like to use it for banners if I could control what banners were displayed but I asked the question on this forum and it seems I cant do that.

I think if I put a google adsense banner at the top of the page with no control over what banner was being displayed I think to cheapen the site and maybe put users off from re-visiting..

6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How about unique visitor per day?
    Based on your current site traffic,its more than fair the guy offer your GBP30/month

mentos, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  7. fashio51

fashio51 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unique visits average about 180.

Maybe I'd be better off leaving the afilliate banner until the traffic picks up as I make more than £30 a month form them..

I havent been offered £30 a month they asked me to send my advertising costs so I am trying to work out how much I should charge..

Thanks for the response

fashio51, Mar 20, 2010 IP