1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice for starting a business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tks, Jun 22, 2013.

Hello DP,
    I need an expert advice on this. I am running a discussion forum for several years and this is bringing a good income regularly. Now I am planning to set up one more forum in a very different niche. I short listed 2 categories after long research. The forum categories are,

1. I have good expertise, I will be able to manage the forum knowledge base extremely well along with a 30% hiring.
    2. This is a niche where I am good at, how ever I need to hire 70% expertise

My estimate, I would be profitable in both case , how ever I should be very careful while selecting one out of this since I have a forum which is already established and require my regular attention.

What will be your suggestion? which category forum I should select?

tks, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  2. Lucassz

Lucassz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    If the current forum is stable to operate without your full attention,then you can hire a moderator(s) as you focus on the new forum. It is wise to divest and not having all your eggs in the same basket...an extra forum will do you more good than harm if any really exists.....about the the category am not very sure which but currently with world being digital,you may focus on tech oriented topics or you can deal with health topics like dieting, weight loss and such....

I hope i was insightful...cheers!!

Lucassz, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  3. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    My Rule is simple.

Create an established website. Ensure that it can work and work tremendously well. Then make it work on it's own! Hire people to manage it for you but supervise them!
    Then when i am bored or have a new idea, i would go into something and i would be able to focus more time and effort into that new niche without having to worry that my previous niche venture will fail.

My suggestion is to continue to work on the forum you own for awhile more while trying ways to automate it. Ensure you hire active members to be your moderates and your forum policemen. Also make sure you still go back and ensure the forum is still running well under your "henchmen".

Then put in the effort into the new niche.

Howard Lim, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  4. tks

tks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Lucassz, @Howard Lim, thanks for your suggestions, much appreciate that, any more comments?

tks, Jun 25, 2013 IP
  5. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Give concentrate on driving traffic and providing value. Those are the secrets to success!

Howard Lim, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  6. investormart

investormart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is the good idea and very good option to get money.If the first one is nicely working,then, you can start second one also.No doubt to start.

investormart, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  7. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    As you got success with your one forum then you can apply the same trick for others, this way you can earn really huge, there is no doubt to it.

SERPpoint, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  8. tks

tks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot everyone for the comments.
    Can you advice me more specific? Which category I should choose out of the two mentioned?

tks, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  9. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest 2, since you need time to manage your first forum.

Howard Lim, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  10. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Can you use those pickles on spam?

Revelations-Decoder, Jun 29, 2013 IP