1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice needed: Best approach for mega menu drop-down.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by webandinkmedia, Jan 13, 2012.

I have a site that has a mega-menu similar to this (http://www.mightyleaf.com/) where it has multi colums in the dropdown menu.

this is how my menu is structured.

2uf56z5.jpg

I wanted to get your opinion/advice how can this be done best.

Rightnow all the menus are being fetched from static blocks. The Pros in using static block is it's easier to deploy. the Cons i see is, I find the links troublesome to update or edit. let's say you want to change or add a product on the list on the menu. then you need to copy the absolute url and hard code it inside the static block.

I'm looking for a solution where i can make those dynamic. Product pages are are being generated from Magento and no need to hard-code it. Feature i'm also looking for a solution is a backend interface where i can select a product and just add it on my custom mega-menu (I don't want to list all product, just selected product from it's category). I know that in some cms like wordpress or Joomla, this feature can be easily implemented.

Please advice.

Thanks!

webandinkmedia, Jan 13, 2012 IP