1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice needed on advertising we should offer on social network site.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by star09, Oct 15, 2009.

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to advise on this.

I own a social networking site (its to target a certain market worldwide), currently with over 8500 users (we will hit 10K by end of this year), I'm looking for advice what kind of pricing we should be charging companies on ads.

We have an ad system where users would be able to create ads themselves (options to choose from would be pay per click, pay per view or pay per period) - any type of advertising is possible to offer.

Quick example of our stats:
    Last month page visits/impressions: over 1.6million.
    Logins: roughly 700-1000 per day.
    and we have a steady 400 or so new sign ups per month, which is set to increase & increase!

Any advice on what you think I should do with regards to offering ad space would be very helpful.

Thanks - Tom

star09, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  2. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not offer a mixture of PPC and PPV? That's how facebook does it and it's quite successful I think. Although, I think they also take some sort of 'pay per period' ads as well... so I think they do all three.

Anyway, from an advertisers point of view I like to have both PPC and PPV options.

thesilly1, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. star09

star09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for the reply, no problem to offer all 3, though I am more interested in offering PPV and PPP.

I'm just stuck with knowing what to charge?

Thanks - Tom

star09, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good question on what to charge. I can't really help you with that one especially considering I'd want it to be as cheap as possible. :)

Seriously though it also depend on the niche, demographic, etc... It would probably be best to set a minimum price of some sort and then have a bidding system where people can outbid others. What happens then is they basically set the price based on what they can afford....

PM the site i'd be interested in seeing if it applies to what I'm working on. :)

thesilly1, Oct 22, 2009 IP