1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sandy McCallum, Jan 28, 2014.

First of all, I'm reasonably new to this and I thought this was the best place to put this, apologies if I was wrong.

Ok so I've recently got myself an article writing job, the employer seems lovely but we were just discussing pay and she asked for social security copy, address and a few other bits of personal information. I'm sure she's legitimate but I'm keen to make sure this is the done thing.

Cheers

Sandy McCallum, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what kind of job it is. Sometimes, in some countries, official employment does require companies to request more documents than you would think necessary. However, if this is a one-off working gig, then she's definitely asking for too much.

YJunK, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  3. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    depending on the country they could be doing this for tax and liability purposes. In some areas it's risky to hire somebody without gathering that information as the work of the employee is the responsibility of the employer. I know you're not in a position to make a mistake that would hurt anybody as an article writer, but the law doesn't factor that in.

Sean DeSilva, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  4. Alvina Gomez

Alvina Gomez Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I would suggest you to make sure if the company is registered or not!
    & the best thing is to simply ask your employer for what purpose she wants your personal documents ?? & only after clarifying your doubts take your decisions.

Alvina Gomez, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  5. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to negotiate with her... if she insist then you also have the equal right to ask details about her company etc.
    You also ask details about her before going ahead.

faizzsheikh, Jan 28, 2014 IP