1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on best approach please

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mccanda, Apr 27, 2006.

Being new to all this I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum.

I'm looking to get a script for a basic job/classifieds set up which allows one to enter this sort of detail
    http://www.bulldogreporter.com/cgi-bin/udt/cam.create?client_id=infocomgroup&type=FREE&templa te=free

and the output looks like this (scroll 1/2 way down page) http://www.bulldogreporter.com/prjobmart/index2.html

I'd also like the script to incorporate paypal for the posting part, and if possible incorporate email alert subscription

I've seen lots of different scripts, but they're all greek to me.

Any advice greatly appreciated. If such a script doesn't exist, I'd really like to know the sort of language I should be using in case I have to ask someone to create the script for me.

mccanda, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  2. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of these can be fairly complex in the way they work or are written.

I have only used 1 or 2 and found them fairly complex to use even though I am a PHP developer.

I wrote one a year or 2 ago that integrated with e107 and I believe this has been further developed by others.

In the end you may want to employ a coder to write exactly what you want with an admin interface that works largely as you desire. Other than that my best suggestion is jumping onto hotscripts.com or another script database and just searching and going through them.

It does give me a good idea though to set up a site that allows others to create their own "sub-site" of classifieds kind of like some auction sites.

Dan

Danny, Apr 27, 2006 IP