1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice on hiring internet research assistant in the subcontinent

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Aotearoa, Mar 27, 2010.

I hope nobody will be offended if I say there are different personality types and each type is better suited to some jobs than others. For example there are those who are natural entrepreneurs, people who can clearly express a breathtaking vision yet who are completely oblivious to minor details, there are those who can tirelessly trace through hundreds of lines of computer code enjoying tracing the elusive bug, there are detail people who love getting the figures right.

I have about 1600 domain names registered and am planning on developing a minimum of 500 of them into small sites in the near future. To get this right I need a reasonable amount of data in summary form.

I'm a bit entrepreneur and a bit software developer I have the vision but also like to see the facts, then again I am not so good at actually researching the detailed information I want to make the right decisions. I would benefit from having someone who can take my ideas and validate them by looking up information on the Internet. Detailed work like running keywords against the adsense keyword tool, searching through image libraries looking for images appropriate for the site or page I'm developing that I can legally reuse and accurately record all the copyright and licence information. These are today's needs, but as I expand my business there will be more tasks like this. Tasks that I can clearly define but haven't the time to do on a regular basis even if I had the personality that suited the task.

I've been thinking of hiring someone in India or Sri Lanka to do this work for me, looking at sites like Times Jobs, Click India and Sri Lanka Sale convince me I could find someone who matches my parameters & I even have a reasonable idea of what I'd have to offer in Sri Lanka, but I need some more information and hope someone can offer some useful advice.

If you've ever attempted something like this I'd be interested hearing what your experience was.

Otherwise my specific questions are
    • Is there any simple and reliable way to pay someone in Sri Lanka from outside the country?
    • For India Paypal seems the best payment option to me. Are there better options?
    • What kind of monthly salary should I offer someone in India for this task?
    • My preference is salary rather than piecework as piecework encourages cutting corners to get quantity up. Am I wrong here?
    • Other than salary am I likely to have to cover any unexpected charges?
    • Are there better venues for finding people than the sites I mentioned?
    • Any general comments?
    Many thanks for your help

Bruce

PS Please don't post here that you'd like the job, that you're here implies that you're a developer, sales or entrepreneur type, and in any case I'm not soliciting for employees here, just asking how to go about finding one.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    Aotearoa, Mar 27, 2010 IP