1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

advice on how to monetize my contacts

Discussion in 'General Business' started by KinetiX, Apr 19, 2011.

hey guys
    i got arround 8k and something of emails from users signed up for a website i`m managing
    the website is a dating site.
    I`m wondering how can i get some extra income from the users (beside the actual income from the website)
    like promoting products by email to them ?
    any ideas
    thanks

KinetiX, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  2. stephan2307

stephan2307 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Send every week an email with news updates. You can then sell advertising space in the email. This could be 2 lines of text with a link.

stephan2307, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  3. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could join affiliate sites such as cj.com and clickbank.com. Then pick products that would be of interest to your mailing list and promote them to the list, with your affiliate code. It would be best if you tried out the products yourself beforehand, so that you can make genuine recommendations based on your own experience, to your readers.

Fergal, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. Techpageseo

Techpageseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should join some affiliate programme related to dating.then you should promote them through your mailing list.

Techpageseo, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  5. KinetiX

KinetiX Member

Best Answers:
    do you know any email sending software wich i could use to send the mails from my pc ?

KinetiX, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  6. Easiest Web Hosting

Easiest Web Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    First off, make sure they've opted-in and you actually have permission to e-mail them. After that - an 8k mailing list is huge! As others have said, send them regular updates with good content, but also see what you can do with some affiliate programs.

For mailing list software I can only recommend aWeber. It's a really great and easy-to-use system.

Easiest Web Hosting, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  7. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fergal, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  8. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They will be most interested if it's a niche relevant product that's useful to them. Search long and hard for the right product and give your pitch, tie it with your site somehow. Make the users feel it'd help them in several ways.

MarTh-, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  9. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    cool....... try to make weekly newspaper with your latest products offers. You can use affiliate banners between that newsletter and earn money.

jhardy2008, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  10. TRG1995

TRG1995 Member

Best Answers:
    Ad space ?

TRG1995, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  11. nyc123

nyc123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you start emailing your contacts various offers, you may want to offer them something free, like an informational ebook or something of that nature, so that you can loosen them up before you attempt to get them to buy into something that costs. You can also offer other marketers to run a solo, e-mail ad to send their offer to your contact list and then charge that person a fee for informing your contacts about their product or service.

nyc123, Apr 22, 2011 IP