1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Please...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian123, Mar 22, 2012.

I have a bit of a problem and I am not too sure how to overcome it, so I am kind of hoping you guys can offer your words of wisdom?

I have an idea for a business that is fairly unique and doesn't have a lot of competition.

This is an idea that has been a couple of years in the making. A business plan has been drawn up and all the designs have been completed.

I was lucky enough to find someone who could develop the idea (it is web based) and in return he asked for a 20% share of the business (which I was more than happy to offer).

Unfortunately the guy who was developing had some personal family problems and had to leave.

This left me with a business model that is only part completed.

I cannot afford to pay a developer to complete the work and I do not have the skills (Drupal) to complete it myself.

I have tried to find someone who I can both trust and has the required knowledge to complete the project, offering the same percentage share of the business - but to no avail..

As things stand, the banks are not lending any money to start up businesses at the moment, so finding finances that way is a no go.

What I would really like is to find someone local who I can work with on this, but that is proving difficult to do.

So the question is, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks in advance for your wise words... :)

Brian123, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  2. mrdon

mrdon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your best bet is to pitch someone (to be an investor) the idea on this forum or others, make them sign an NDA prior to giving them specifics. Once you find someone, pay a developer to finish things. My experience with offering a programmer or designer a piece has always ended up bad. Find someone to give you money, then pay for things to get done. Thats the only way it will work. Try: http://www.similarsitesearch.com/alternatives-to/go4funding.com

mrdon, Mar 22, 2012 IP
    Brian123 likes this.