1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

advice re payment terms for bulk web content orders

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Louise84, Nov 29, 2011.

The majority of people come to me having used my services before, or from word of mouth, these clients pay up front (which I prefer) However, there are some clients who prefer paying after content has been delivered, now this is fine for small orders, such as 1-5 articles, but the problem comes when new clients order in bulk.

Unfortuantly, this has led to people taking content I have provided, using it and vanishing - and not paying. I was stung badly for this a few years back, a guy owed me over $2000 for content and never paid, despite several kind reminders, and months of following up. Recently I have been asked to do bulk orders, but new clients seem wary, which to be honest I am also a little concerned also about being scammed by non payers.

I suppose it is all down to trust, but it is easier said than done, especially when a large bulk order books me out fully for a few weeks or months....

any ideas about payment terms for bulk web content orders?

Thanks

Louise84, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use an escrow service . Also since when the the UK moved to Thailand :confused:

ApocalypseXL, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  3. Louise84

Louise84 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, is that similar to Paypal? sorry to sound silly, I will have a look into it in a moment anyway cheers.

re, Thailand yes you are right it is not the UK :p Basically I am only here for another month then heading back home, but might be coming back for another quick to Thailand visit in March for 3 weeks via Germany for a fortnight then back again to the UK ... easier to make a note of it in my profile :)

4. Louise84

Louise84 Peon

Best Answers:
    ignore the bit about paypal, just looking at the escrow site now - thanks again for the tip

5. WizIMS

WizIMS Member

Best Answers:
    I hate PayPal, try escrow :)

WizIMS, Nov 29, 2011 IP